Friday, September 14, 2012

Any Colour You Like

Improvise (2012)

I was walking around in Beirut one afternoon, taking pictures of buildings, using colour filters...  The photo of this particular facade got blended with a fake signpost with the word "improvise" which was printed on a table in my new favourite bar in Hamra - with the fitting name "February 30".


 Bassam Has Yet Another Revelation (2012)  

When our two weeks stay in Lebanon was almost over I needed to rush things to get the final cartridge in my camera "filled with content".  One of these hurried photos was a picture of the reflection of a house on a car's windshield.  The photo superimposed another which I took a week earlier of Bassam who was apparently enjoying the beautiful sunset as much as I did.


 
Any Person Can Have A Life Painted Any Colour That She Or He Wants
So Long As It Is Grey (2012)

in 1909 Henry Ford famously said that "any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black".  That got Pink Floyd to name a track on one of their best albums "Any Colour You Like".  I was reminded of all that when I found sections of pics from the aforementioned "buildings session" merged with some colourful graffito next to American University of Beirut (AUB).




 



No comments:

Post a Comment