Monday, April 4, 2016

Vienna - Hong Kong

Part two of my creative 'dadaistic' collaboration with artist James Li, who used a trip to his hown town Hong Kong in late 2015 to take some pictures on top of photographs I made in Vienna a few weeks before.

Manifeste Cannibale Dada
By Francis Picabia (1920)

You are all indicted; stand up!  Stand up as you would for the Marseillaise or God Save the King....    Dada alone does not smell: it is nothing, nothing, nothing.

 It is like your hopes: nothing.

 Like your paradise: nothing.
 
Like your idols: nothing.
Like your politicians: nothing.

  Like your heroes: nothing.

Like your artists: nothing.

Like your religions: nothing.

Hiss, shout, kick my teeth in, so what? I shall still tell you that you are half-wits. In three months my friends and I will be selling you our pictures for a few francs.

No comments:

Post a Comment